(1) Recommended usage of the cleaning
tape is once every 50 hours of recording or playback. More
frequent cleaning may be required depending on temperature,
humidity, or dust in the operating environment. In particular,
camcorders and portable DV decks operated in dusty or smoky
environments may need more attention. Under most circumstances,
Cleaning Cassettes should not be used more frequently than
once every 25 hours.
(2) CAUTION: Read the camcorder/VTR operating manual. If the
instructions in the operating manual are different than the
procedures listed in this bulletin, please follow the
(3) To clean, play the DV Cleaning Cassette for approx. 5
seconds. Then check the result by playing back a pre-recorded
(4) If the picture is still not clean, play the DV Cleaning
Cassette again. However, separate each use by 10-second cool-down
periods. DO NOT use the cleaning cassette more than 2
(5) If the picture is still not clean after repeated cleaning,
this may be due to other reasons. Service by qualified
personnel is required.
(6) DO NOT rewind the DV Cleaning Cassette tape after each
use. When the cleaning cassette tape has reached its end,
DISCARD IT. The cleaning tape can hold debris and reusing the
cleaning cassette could contaminate the camcorder/VTR.
(7) This DV Cleaning Cassette can be used for approx. 100 head
cleaning passes of 5 seconds each.
(8) DO NOT use the DV Cleaning Cassette more often than
(9) Frequent use could cause excessive wear to the video heads.
(10) This DV Cleaning Cassette is FOR CLEANING ONLY and cannot
be used for recording or playback.